WHY STUDY @ VATEL KL / CITY UNIVERSITY?
1 st worldwide Business School Group in Hospitality & Tourism Management
More than 7000 students and 29,000 alumni
International Certificate from France
35 years of experience
Awarded ‘Best Professional Success’ and ‘Best Educational Innovation in an Educational Programme’
More than 31 campuses around the world
Get Double Degree by just paying the fee for one programme
DOUBLE DEGREE PROGRAMME BY VATEL & CITY UNIVERSITY
DOUBLE DEGREE PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION
Hospitality stems from the History of France. In the Middle Ages, young gentlemen travelling the world, diplomatic emissaries and princess stayed in the most beautiful residence in town. And the most important people fought for the honour of being able to host them. As centuries went by, these values known throughout the world as the “French Art of Hospitality”, became deeply anchored. They include three key principles:
1. Hosting and welcoming in a venue that is both prestigious and comfortable.
2. Serving guests the best food accompanied by the finest wines.
3. Having a totally impeccable service.
Human values were the ones which gave this reputation for excellence. The French Art of Hospitality is mainly founded upon guest satisfaction. Hosts must possess specific qualities that Vatel strives to develop in its students during their schooling; respect, discretion, an open-mind towards other cultures, a desire to please others and create an emotion, knowing how to be a good listener, how to warmly welcome others and having a sound knowledge of general culture.
STPM/ UEC/ A-Levels/ CPU/ SAM/ AUSMAT/Foundation/ Matriculation & Diploma
Human Resources Manager, Training Manager, Hotel Manager, Restaurant & Catering Manager, Accommodation Manager, Events and Conference Manager, Product Manager, Sales Manager, Operational Auditor, Quality Auditor, Financial Manager, Public Relations Manager.
• Introduction to the Hospitality & Tourism Industry
• Theory of Food
• Basic Cookery
• Food & Beverage Operation & Service
• Food Cost Control
• Rooms Division Studies
• Accounts& Finance
• Management of Hotel Operations
• TITAS/Bahasa Melayu
• English for Employment
• Domestic Professional Internship [18 weeks] • Fundamentals of Marketing
• Economic Issues in the Hospitality Industry
• Managing Legal Issues in the Hospitality Industry
• Food & Beverage Management
• Communication 2
• International Professional Internship [20 weeks] • Current Issues in the Hospitality Industry
• Mandarin 1
• English for Academic Purpose
• Research Method for the Hospitality Industry
• Financial Management
• Marketing Management
• Tourism and Travelling
• Mandarin 2
• Research Project
• Human Resource Management
• Professional Internship [24 weeks] • Managerial Experience [Continuous assessment]
VATEL THE MARCO POLO PROGRAMME CROSS-CULTURES ENRICHMENT
THE VATEL GRADUATES ARE SUCCESSFUL
All Programmes offered at CityU are comprehensive and recognised by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) as well as the Malaysia Qualifications Agency (MQA). With the accreditation, CityU is indirectly recognised by the institution of higher learning locally and overseas as well recognised by the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia.
CityU is located in the heart of Petaling Jaya town (only ten minutes from Kuala Lumpur) and very close to facility such as public transportation (Nearest LRT station: Asia Jaya).
Main Campus Address:
Menara City U,No. 8, Jalan 51A/223, 46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
Corporate Office: (+603) 7949 1616